Product Details: 2006 Proof Buffalo 1 oz Gold Coin (w/ Original Box and Certificate of Authenticity)
In the year 2006, the inaugural release of Gold Buffalo coins made a significant impact, captivating collectors and investors alike with its exceptional .9999 fine Gold purity. The allure of these Proof Gold Buffalos is further enhanced by their mirror like finish, elevating the cherished design to new heights of beauty.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Presented in an official U.S. Mint box, complete with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Showcasing the enduring portrait of a Native American in profile, a timeless creation by James Earle Fraser, first gracing the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Featuring the iconic American Buffalo, a tribute to the original design of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is believed to have been inspired by Black Diamond, a buffalo that resided in the Central Park Zoo during the early 20th century.
- A sovereign coin, firmly backed by the U.S. government.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo stands as one of the world’s most adored Gold bullion offerings. Don’t miss the opportunity to make this 2006 Proof Gold Buffalo a part of your collection. Add it to your cart today!
Proof Buffalos Vs Mint State Strike:
A Proof Gold Buffalo is a special version of the American Buffalo Gold coin series that is minted with meticulous care to achieve a mirrorlike finish and exceptional detail. These coins are produced specifically for collectors and are often considered more visually stunning due to their enhanced craftsmanship.
In contrast, a Mint State Gold Buffalo, also known as a bullion version, is minted for investment purposes and is released without the intricate detailing and mirrorlike finish found on proof coins. These are designed for investors seeking the intrinsic value of the gold rather than the collector’s appeal.
The key distinctions between the two lie in their intended audience and finish. Proof Gold Buffalos cater to collectors and feature a polished, artistic appearance, while Mint State Gold Buffalos are intended for investors and emphasize the coin’s gold content and value. Both versions contain the same amount of pure gold and share the same iconic design.