The Mexico Gold 20 Peso coin is a captivating piece that holds both historical and artistic significance. Minted by Mexico, this coin showcases a remarkable design and is highly sought after by collectors and investors worldwide.
Measuring approximately 27mm in diameter and weighing 16.666 grams, the Gold 20 Peso coin contains 15 grams of “Oro Puro” pure gold. This gives it a significant intrinsic value and makes it an attractive option for those interested in precious metal investments.
The obverse side of the coin features the Mexican coat of arms, depicting an eagle perched on a cactus with a serpent in its beak. The design is surrounded by a wreath of oak and laurel, symbolizing strength, victory, and the nation’s rich cultural heritage.
On the reverse side of the Gold 20 Peso coin, you’ll find a magnificent portrayal of the Aztec Sun Stone, also known as the Calendar Stone. This ancient Aztec artifact is a mesmerizing symbol of Mexican history and culture. The intricate details of the Aztec calendar, depicting various glyphs and symbols, make it a true marvel to behold.
Beyond its aesthetic appeal, the Gold 20 Peso coin carries historical significance. It was first minted in 1917, during a period of political and social changes in Mexico. The coin’s issuance coincided with the Mexican Revolution, which aimed to bring about political and social reforms.
The Gold 20 Peso coin serves as a tangible link to Mexico’s vibrant history and serves as a tribute to the nation’s cultural heritage. It represents a pivotal era of transformation and showcases the resilience and spirit of the Mexican people.
Whether admired for its historical and cultural significance or valued for its gold content, the Gold 20 Peso coin holds a special place in the world of numismatics. Its combination of historical significance, artistic beauty, and precious metal value makes it a cherished collectible and a wise investment choice for those interested in gold coins.
1. Diameter: The diameter of the coin is approximately 27mm.
2. Gold Weight: The Gold 20 Peso coin contains 0.4823 troy ounces (15 grams) of pure gold. The gold content is typically 90% gold and 10% copper, which adds durability to the coin.
3. Thickness: The thickness of the coin is approximately 1.8mm.
4. Face Value: The face value of the Gold 20 Peso coin is 20 pesos. However, it’s important to note that the face value is nominal and does not reflect the coin’s intrinsic value, which is primarily derived from its gold content.
5. First Year Issue: The Gold 20 Peso coin was first issued in 1917. This makes it an important historical coin, as it was minted during a time of significant political and social changes in Mexico, including the Mexican Revolution.