The 2023 1 oz Mexican Gold Libertad Coin stands as a tribute to Mexico’s profound history and the artistry of coinage. Crafted by La Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in the Americas, this coin transcends its gold composition, embodying the essence of liberty and the nation’s heritage. Its design and historical significance render it highly coveted among collectors and investors, seamlessly blending aesthetic allure with the assurance of its precious metal content.
- Minted by the renowned Mexican Mint, established in 1535.
- A part of the globally acclaimed Libertad series of bullion coins.
- Lacks a fixed face value but holds currency status based on its precious metal content.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México, akin to the South African Krugerrand.
- Crafted from 0.999 pure gold using milled (machine-made) technology.
- Coin alignment with a diameter of 34.5000 mm and a thickness of 2.500 mm.
- Weighs 31.1035 grams.
- The Libertad gold ounce draws inspiration from Mexico’s quest for independence and rich cultural narratives. Translating to “Liberty” in Spanish, the coin’s name echoes the nation’s values and historical struggles, serving as both a reminder of Mexico’s past and a symbol of its enduring spirit and resilience.
The obverse proudly displays the Coat of Arms of Mexico at its center, portraying a golden eagle perched on a prickly pear cactus, consuming a rattlesnake. Rooted in Aztec legend, this imagery symbolizes the triumph of good over evil. Surrounding the Coat of Arms are ten additional depictions, each representing various historical styles of the emblem. The legend “ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS,” translating to “United Mexican States,” encircles the design, emphasizing the nation’s unity and identity.
On the reverse, the coin features the statue of Nike, the Greek goddess of Victory, from the Angel of Independence monument in Mexico City. Holding a laurel wreath and a broken chain symbolizing freedom, this iconic statue stands against the backdrop of the majestic volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccihuatl. The inscription “1 ONZA ORO PURO 2023 LEY .999” signifies the coin’s purity and issuance year, while the “Mo” mint mark represents the Mexican Mint.
The 2023 Gold Libertads have been offered in several different coin sizes or “denominations”. The 1 oz 2023 Gold Libertad is the largest of the gold coins, with the 1/20th oz Gold Libertad being the smallest. The Mexican Libertad Gold And Silver Series is considered highly collectible due to the low mintage supply and increased demand over the last several years.
Purchase the 2023 1 oz Mexican Gold Libertad in brand new Brilliant Uncirculated condition today from FMR GOLD.